Friday 1 June 2012

Amanda Palmer's new record

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/amandapalmer/amanda-palmer-the-new-record-art-book-and-tour

Please click on the above to see the awesome Amanda Palmer project I have just been involved in. I was asked to create artwork for a song from Amanda's upcoming record, along with a whole host of other incredible artists including Neil Gaiman, Molly Crabapple and Shepard Fairey.
My superbly-talented filmmaker friend Maja came over to my cabin onboard The MTB 219 (the delightful Motor Torpedo Boat on The Thames, which was my London home during my recent Somerset House exhibition), and filmed the making of Amanda's artwork (photos below, video coming soon).
In approximately 1 hour from now the project will be funded, raising over 11 times the amount requested. The money will be used towards production, promotion and release costs for the record, sans corporate record company backing. Oh the power of social networking! As Amanda says: "We Are The Media!"





No comments: